Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cooking with Kendra - Monday the 23rd




While the guys worked on Monday, Kendra & I took a cooking class. We learned how to make focaccia bread. The school is a neat concept in that they offer a variety of menus or single-item options that one can sign up for, take the class & then eat what's made. With the translation, the bread class was deemed the most appropriate for us. It was a fun morning; partly because I made bread & partly because I was afforded the opportunity to experience Kendra's everyday life here in Japan. Some months she takes one class, some months three just depending on schedule & what's offered. After shopping, we lunched on soup & salad & then spent the rest of the afternoon shopping. Since the guys were slaying dragons through dinner, we alleviated the burden of shopping from them & took care of it ourselves (thoughtful, right?). For dinner, we had Thai food. It's one of my favorites, but not Chris's, so this was a great chance for me to fill a void. It was delicious! Have we said this about everything we've eaten thus far? I have except for the mochi with soybean powder. Not a repeat in my book. I think Chris has enjoyed everything including that! 

No comments: